Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm getting CRAFTY


So I am the Relief Society Night Coordinator (isn't that a mouthful) for our ward. We have a craft night coming up that I am planning and I have been all over the Internet getting ideas for different projects. In the process I have seriously caught the crafting bug. I have so many projects that I want to do now. The first one on my list that I finally finished is from How Does She?. It is a birthday wreath. The idea is that when it is close to a member of the family's birthday you put out the wreath so that everyone knows and can celebrate with you...and you can't forget to get them a present too...not saying that Andrew has ever forgotten because I would never let him. LOL






The picture that they have on their blog looked kind of big to me so I bought the biggest wreath (18")...I don't think that is necessary if you decided to do this project. I wanted it to be large enough to hang on the door and look proportional but I think that could be easily accomplished with a smaller one...plus you use a lot less balloons and pins. I got the balloons at the dollar store and for the greening pins I started out buying them a Michaels and after I had used all of the ones they had I finally found some at Walmart for a dollar less AND they had twice as much in them. So if you do this please go to Walmart and look by their fake flowers and don't pay as much as I did because I seriously feel stupid now that I could have saved money. :)




Hope you like it. As I do other crafts I may be adding them here so keep an eye out.


Signature

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I love this! Super cute! I might have to try and get crafty, too, now. :)

The Marlatt's said...

Very cute heather! I wish I was there to make it with you...